Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need a direct contract with Mastercard, or should I contact an intermediary bank?
Merchants will need a Mastercard Payment Gateway Services account. This must be arranged separately with Mastercard and carries associated costs per transaction plus any account and service fees.
2. How do I obtain a Mastercard Merchant account?
Please visit this link and fill in the form:
If you need further information on this topic, please contact Mastercard's technical support.
3. What are the Mastercard payment terms and rates?
To obtain your tailored pricing or for more information, please contact Mastercard Payment Gateway Services here:
4. Does this extension provide service only for Mastercard and Maestro cards, or are other cards serviced as well?
Here are all supported card schemes: Mastercard, Maestro, Visa, JCB, Diners, Discover, American Express.
Alternative Payment Methods: Masterpass, PayPal, Visa Checkout, American Express Checkout, UnionPay SecurePay, ACH, Sofortbanking, Giropay.
5. A checkout payment was completed successfully, but I have to wait for ~15-20 minutes until I see it in the transaction listing. Why?
There is nothing to worry about, this is normal behavior which may occur sometimes.
After Mastercard receives the payment details, it may take a while before the transaction can get verified. After everything is done, Mastercard automatically notifies your OpenCart website with up-to-date information.
6. I logged into my Mastercard Merchant Administration panel, but the interface is not like in this documentation. I cannot find the settings Integration Settings and WebHook Notification.
These settings are available only for upgraded Mastercard accounts. Please refer to the Mastercard support center for information on how to upgrade your account and get access to these settings.
7. After a successful purchase, in some cases I do not see a list of products in my Mastercard merchant administration panel. Instead, I see only the OpenCart Order ID. Why is that?
This was a necessary change we had to introduce in versions 1.0.4, 2.0.4 and 3.0.4.
In all versions up to 1.0.3, 2.0.3 or 3.0.3, in some cases OpenCart was doing the calculation of the order totals differently than Mastercard which led to an error. In other cases, some OpenCart stores use negative price values in the order totals (for example, as a result from a coupon), which the Mastercard API does not accept.
The solution to all of these issues is to replace all order products with a single "phantom" product "Order #XXXXX" which actually holds the OpenCart total order price, without taxes and shipping.
This allows your customers to complete their payment without receiving an unpleasant error, and it also allows you to receive the correct amount of money.