Square for OpenCart
Main Payment Features
The Square extension for OpenCart supports the following major features.
Accept Card Payments
Your customers can use their Credit/Debit cards to purchase goods from your OpenCart store.
Important: Card payments is currently only available for merchants based in the U.S., Canada, Australia, Japan and the UK.
Tokenized Credit Cards, a.k.a. Cards On-File
Square speeds up all subsequent checkouts done by your customers, leading to better customer experience. Customers with tokenized credit cards can make fast checkouts without entering card details a second time.
This feature is only available for customers registered in your OpenCart store. Registered customers can manage their tokenized credit cards.
Apple Pay is fully integrated in Square for OpenCart. No additional configuration is required. Just set up the extension and you are good to go.
Here is how Square helps you manage your transactions from your OpenCart admin panel:
- Direct Payment (1-stage) or Authorization+Capture (2-stage) transaction processing.
- Voiding and Refunding transactions.
- Detailed display of transaction data including: Transaction ID, Order ID, Status, Transaction Result, Transaction Type, Amount, Customer User Agent, Customer IP and more.
- Re-stock Inventory during refund.
Square Catalog and Inventory Sync
Your OpenCart and Square product databases will always be the same. Manage your products from OpenCart, and any changes will appear in Square within minutes.
Descriptive Square Orders
With the help of Catalog Sync, the orders made using Square Payments will contain items from your Square product database. This gives you more accurate reports in the Square dashboard.
Any additional information provided by OpenCart that affects the order total will be recorded in your Square order as an ad-hoc item/discount. This is any kind of special, tax, discount, currency change or any value that is not part of the Square product management system.
CRON Job and Webhook Scheduled Tasks
Square performs the following tasks automatically via CRON:
- Automatic Square access credentials refresh.
- Processing payments for active recurring orders.
- Voids non-captured transactions.
- Catalog and Inventory sync with the Square Catalog Library.
- Detailed email reporting for all tasks.
The Square webhooks notify your OpenCart store about inventory changes made in the Square dashboard.
Detailed debug logging - indispensibe for developers and support experts who want to take a closer look.
Here are some of the extra benefits you get:
- 100% Free. Square is available for OpenCart stores for free.
- 100% Mobile-Friendly. The admin panel looks great on desktop and mobile devices.
- SSL Required! Square is security-oriented and only works on stores with an SSL Certificate. No sensitive data is stored on your site - payments, fraud checks, storing of credit card information are managed with security standards directly by Square.
- Seamless integration with OpenCart. The extension hooks to your OpenCart store without overriding any core files, leaving minimum footprints.
- Structured and standardized code. Square for OpenCart is developed with the best coding practices in mind.
- Regular updates. The iSenseLabs developers always do their best to give you the most up-to-date release of the extension with all known Square improvements included.
- Clean and clear documentation.
- Quick support. Have a question? Our friendly support team will do their best to provide a solution in a timely manner.
- This extension has been officially endorsed by Square.